How to Start a New Club
Here are the steps to becoming a Sport Club.
Steps to become a Club
- First, you will need interest from other students.
- Second, you will need to consider the following:
- You need to become a Registered Student Organization (RSO) with the Student Involvement Office. Those steps can be found by clicking the computer screen below.
- Once you are a RSO you can petition to join the Sport Clubs Program by providing the Sport Clubs Office with the following information:
- Proof the Student Organization process is complete
- Proposed budget for one academic year (fall and spring)
- Name of Advisor
- A current copy of the Club’s constitution and by-laws
- A club roster with a minimum of 10 students
- A letter or petition describing club interest, club goals, club contribution to the wellness of students and diversity the club will bring to the Sport Clubs Program
- Calendar of competitions, meetings, fundraisers, etc. for the upcoming year
- Once all documents listed above are on file with the Sport Clubs Office a petition hearing will be scheduled with the Sport Clubs Alliance.
For More Information
Please contact the Sport Clubs Office at (512) 245-1791.