Graduate Assistantships (GAs)
Graduate Assistantships with Campus Recreation
Graduate Assistant Opportunities
Texas State University Campus Recreation is dedicated to providing a unique and fulfilling graduate assistant experience in a dynamic campus environment that emphasizes student development.
Graduate Programs at Texas State
Texas State offers more than 100 master's, specialist, and doctoral programs. The Graduate College offers educational preparation for a broad spectrum of careers to over 4,000 graduate students.
Graduate Assistantship Information:
- Positions average 20 hours worked per week.
- Students are paid according to number of hours worked per pay period, and positions do not include paid vacation, sick leave, or paid university observed holidays.
- Out-of-state students are eligible for in-state tuition when holding a GA position at Texas State University.
- To apply: Review position description and send application information to the position's supervising staff.
- Positions remain open until filled.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education prior to start date.
- Admission and enrollment in a graduate degree program at Texas State University.
- Enrollment in nine graduate hours each long semester.
- Maintaining a minimum 3.0 GPA as a graduate student.
- Review job descriptions for position-specific requirements.
- Average of $1,317.00 per month (first year).
- Out of State tuition waiver.
- Professional Development/Travel stipend.
Dates of Employment
- 12 month appointment with opportunity to renew for second year.
- Appointment ends day of graduation in second year.
- Successful candidates expected to start August 1, 2023. Opportunity to begin prior to, or after, this date may be negotiable with supervising staff.